Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Review: What Gold Buys: A Silver Rush Mystery #5 by Ann Parker

I feel like I've been waiting forever for this book! I really enjoyed the first four books in this series, and I was worried that the author had abandoned it since it has been 5 years since the last book, and never before did she wait so long in between the books in this series. I was so excited to see this new one was out, and I snatched it up immediately.

Coincidentally, I read this first four books in this series while living in England, but since then have wound up living in Colorado, not far from Leadville and right in the heart of where the four book had taken place. So I was doubly excited to read this fifth book now that the location setting is much closer to my heart.

This one introduced readers to the seances which were popular in the late 19th century when a gypsy medium is murdered, leaving a tough but vulnerable daughter behind, while also dealing with Inez's divorce going on in the background. The plot was just as intriguing as the previous books, and I couldn't wait to find out what would happen with Inez's marriage. Hopefully I won't have to wait another 5 years for the next book!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...